JMS Junk Swap 2016February 11th, 2016 in blog, projects
Do You Want to Play?
If so...and I hope you do, send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 30, 2016.
What Should My Email Include?
1. Subject: I'm a swapper
2. Main Text: Real Name, JMS User Name, Email Address, Physical Address.... In that order please!!!
a. I will pair you up with another JMS member. Your partner will not neccessarily be your neighbor, but may be someone from another part of the country.
b. You will receive an email from me introducing you to your swap buddy no later than February 15, 2016. This email will incude both yours and your buddy's contact information, including your real name, JMS screen name, email address, and mailing address. I like to think of this of this as Match.com for junkers so get to know your swap buddy! 2. Once you have received your partner information exchange emails or swap phone numbers and chat if you wish. The object is not only to swap some junk finery, but also get to know another junker in our community. During your communications share some junking stories, talk about junk you find inspiring, and set a timetable for your swap that is comfortable to both swappers. I would like however, for swappers to have their goodie package no later than March 10, 2016.
Rules of Engagement:
1. Junk should be stuff in the rough ripe for re-purpose. It can be one piece, two pieces, or ten...whatever you and your partner decide.
2. The pieces should be a welcome surprise to your partner. The better you get to know them the more thoughtful your selection will become.
3. After you have decided on your plan of attack...let the swap begin. Remember to be courteous and stick to your timeline. Get your stuff off to your swap buddy in a timely fashion and make sure that you let your buddy know when you have received your package.
1.This is a personal challenge! After your package 'o junk has arrived it is your mission to turn whatever it may be into something that is pretty and practical for your own home.
2. Most importantly....have a blast and a half!
1. Feel free to post your stuff in the rough if you like. If you choose to do this make sure to include the JMS name of the member who sent the package in your direction. You may want to add something nice you learned about your partner. This will help all of us get to know each other a little better
2. Once you have completed your project...post away! Please share plenty of images from stuff in the rough, through the steps, and on to the final. Projects do not need to be difficult. My hope is that we will see a variety of projects from simple re-purposes to tool-time projects. Again, make sure to include the JMS screen name of your partner.
3. Remember a thank you for the gifts you have received goes a long way.
4. I will be checking the boards on a daily basis and will make every attempt to feature your swap project for a time on the day it is posted. This will all depend on how many projects are posted at the same time.
5. Please title them My Swap Project with Your JMS screen name.
1. If you have not received your email from me by February 15, 2016, please email me at email@example.com.
2. If you are having difficulty communicating with your partner please let me know asap.
If possible, I would like all posts to be up on the site no later than April 10, 2016 Good luck, have fun, and make a new friend!! Happy Junking! Sue
Enjoy the images of past swap packages received by members from members. What's in your junk wallet?
After you make it, show it off to other members in the Member Junk area.
Post your project photos
posted in: blog, projects, container, plant holder, furniture, house wear, picture holder, junk swap