A Whirl Of CD Cases Photo Frames
September 9th, 2014 in member junk
2 users recommend
No one uses CD's anymore. They are yet another fading hi-tech innovation of the past, just like the floppy before that. I'm sure anyone of you has a countless number of CD's in their plastic cases lying in some lonely dark corner of your house. You probably have at least a couple CD spindles too. And I bet you haven't used them for at least a couple of years now. In fact, you might have completely forgotten about their existence by now. A friend of mine, who is a house cleaner in Melbourne, tipped me off that instead of throwing them all away, you can have some fun with a quick DIY project, which will also be a cheerful addition to your home décor.
So here's what you'll need:
- a CD spindle;
- 5 transparent CD cases, of the same size (thickness);
- 10 old (out of use) CDs;
- and 10 printed photos, the size of the CD cases;
- strong and reliable glue and tape;
- the customary ruler, pencil, and scissors;
- additionally, you can add some stickers and colour paper for decoration;
And here's what to do:
Pattern or design used:
- Start by removing the the inside of the CD cases, the part where you put the CD in. Be careful not to break the whole case in the process.
- Put your pictures in the cases. Put them back to back, so they will display on each side of the CD case. You can be more creative here, and decorate the picture display with some stickers and/or colour paper, or draw something.
- Place the cases one on top of the other. Use pieces of the tape (about 10 cm each) to stick the spines of each CD case to the one beneath it.
- Now, put the CD cases upright and spread them out, so they will form a circle in the middle, or they will look like a miniature carousel. Insert a final piece of tape to stick together the two loose case on the side. Now is the time to reinforce all the places you stuck the cases together, by taping the opposite side you already taped them, as well.
- We're almost there! Final step, put the old CD on the spindle with the shiny side up. And finally, put the CD carousel.
ReMake It by Tiffany Threadgould
member junk, fun, picture holder, frame