The JMS Project Runway Challenge is On!August 5th, 2014 in blog, projects
When I mentioned a fashion show challenge to the Pfarkel Sisters ...they took the bait. Will they never learn?! Any hoo, I do believe that I met these lovely gals for the first time at Oronoco Gold Rush Days so I think this challenge/celebration is in order. Shows like this is where you meet and make life long friends...bonus!
The JMS fashion show will include straight up vintage, vintage/thrift store redesign clothing. vintage jewelry/vintage redesign, flippin' boots, and othe accessories. We've been working up a storm down here.
So what's the challenge? The Pfarkel Sisters, Fjerda, Frannie, Flossy, and Fostoria have all been delivered a package via pony express in the Lanesboro, Minnesota area. Flashy (aka Lani and Floozy (aka Sue) are already challenged enough and don't need another one before Oronoco! Pfarjels.... here are your rules of engagement.
1. Create a 2015 fashion forward item of clothing or a major accessory piece.
2. Use at least some of of every item found in your package.
3. You may add anything you have around the house and you have a budget of $20 at the fabric/craft store.
4. At the fashion show you will be asked to decribe your creation and explain why it is fashion forward for 2015.
5. 3 will be sent home...only one will remain on the stage and there will be no winnings. Ah, hahahaha!
If you would like to tag along with this challenge please feel free. We's all love to see what you come up with! You'll have to upply your own suppplies!
See you at Downtown Oronco Gold Rush Days...August 15-17, 2014.
After you make it, show it off to other members in the Member Junk area.
Post your project photos
posted in: blog, projects, flea market, vintage clothing, fabric