What to Bring the HostessDecember 9th, 2008 in blog, projects
Old Glass Jar -I used a square deco model
Glass etching cream- I used Armour Etch
Rub on letters
Rub on stencils
1/4 in ribbon
4 pieces miscellaneous hardware
4 -1/4 in. buttons
Small decorative rock
Quick Cure Glue
1 in. Paint brush
1. Adhere masking tape around edges of rectangular flat surface on jar.
2. Apply thick coat of Armour Etch inside tape.
3. Allow etching cream to sit for 5 minutes then rinse with warm water and remove tape.
4. Cut around edges of rub-on initial and place on center of rectangle.
5. Press on firmly with stylus and remove plastic backing.
6. Place rub-on decorative stencils on raised portion of glass jar surrounding rectangle, press firmly with stylus, and remove plastic backing.
7. Measure and cut 4 strips of ribbon to surround each edge of rectangle.
8. Apply quick cure glue to back of each piece of ribbon, adhere to edges of rectangle, and allow to dry.
9. Apply super glue to each piece of miscellaneous hardware and adhere to ribbon at each corner of ribbon.
10. Apply super glue to back of each button and place in center of hardware pieces.
11. Fill 1/4 of the jar with decorative rock.
12. Place paperwhite bulb on rock and surround bulb with sheet moss.
13. Cover jar and deliver to lucky recipient!
After you make it, show it off to other members in the Member Junk area.
Post your project photos
posted in: blog, projects