Taco Soup Served up Ala-JUNKMARKET Style!
January 24th, 2013 in member junk
7 users recommend
I actually saw this Taco Soup recipe first on facebook. It didn't give any attribution to the originator of it so I did my research. Thank you Google!
This was a recipe I first saw on facebook. Unfortunately, it didn't give any attribution to the originator of it so I did my research. Thank you Google! And thankfully I did find the creator of it and decided to try my hand at it. I can definitely say it was a tastey meal and my family loved it! It makes a big batch and can probably serve up to eight people. But lucky us we had leftovers! Since we are such a scandinavian family, I cut the amound of diced green chiles down to one can, and only about half of the taco seasoning. But for us it was perfect! Here's the recipe below.
Rebecca Crump (EzraPoundCake.com)
- 2 POUNDS GROUND BEEF
- 1 TO 2 DICED ONIONS
- 1 (14 1/2-OUNCE) CAN DICED FIRE-ROASTED TOMATOES
- 1 (10-OUNCE) CAN RO*TEL® DICED TOMATOES AND GREEN CHILIES
- 2 (15-OUNCE) CANS BLACK BEANS
- 1 (16-OUNCE) CAN PINTO BEANS
- 1 (15 1/4-OUNCE) CAN WHOLE KERNEL CORN, DRAINED
- 2 (4 1/2-OUNCE) CANS CHOPPED GREEN CHILES
- 1 (1-OUNCE) ENVELOPE TACO SEASONING
- 1 (1-OUNCE) ENVELOPE RANCH SALAD DRESSING AND SEASONING MIX
- GARNISHES: CORN CHIPS, CHEESE, SOUR CREAM, GREEN ONIONS
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until beef is no longer pink. Drain, using a slotted spoon, as you transfer browned beef and onions to a Dutch oven, stockpot or slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes, black beans, pinto beans, corn and green chiles. Stir in the taco seasoning and ranch salad dressing mix.
- If you’re cooking on the stove, cover the pot and simmer soup over low heat for 30 minutes up to 1 hour, stirring occasionally. If you’re using a slow cooker, cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
- Garnish individual servings with corn chips, cheese, sour cream and green onions, if desired.
Recipe by Rebecca Crumb of Ezra Pound Cake
Styling by Lanette Lorsung of Cottage Elements
member junk, vintage, tabletop, container, glass, industrial, fun, kitchen, dining room, table, traditional, green, red, grey, stone