Dare to Make it Holiday ChallengeOctober 31st, 2008 in blog, projects
Holidays incoming! The seasonal craft-buzz of activity is revving up and so is the attendant excitement and yes, anxiety, as junkers and crafters everywhere ask themselves “how am I going to make it through the holidays?” The creative solution is: DIY!
CraftStylish announces the Dare to Make It Holiday Challenge! We challenge you to craft your way through the season and make everything! Yes, everything from stylish table settings, holiday décor to adorn your home, and handmade gifts to bestow to everyone on your list. JUNKMARKET Style and CraftStylish are here to provide you with everything that you’ll need to meet the challenge and make the making—merry:
- Every week CraftStylish will feature a host of fabulous gift how-tos in our Dare to Make Blog: Including time-luxurious, craft masterpieces for your nearest and dearest, thoughtful quick-to-make delights, and unique inspirational ideas for those gift-giving puzzlers (the man/woman who has everything, the persnickety relative et
- Weekly home décor projects that celebrate the spirit of the season.
- The Dare to Make it Journal: downloadable templates for you to keep the names of everyone on your list, (their sizes, favorite colors, previous gifts given), a personal inventory of what you have and what you’ll need, and a timeline planner to help keep you on schedule.
- Weekly Craft Roundtables: Interact with CraftStylish bloggers to share our common passion for DIY
- Craft Alongs: You don’t have to go it alone, craft with us. This week Linda Permann launches her first crochet-along, a darling Sweet Baby Hoodie. Next month, Tina Hilton will host a knit- along to get those needles clicking for the holidays.
- Surprise give-aways all through the challenge to keep your crafty spirits high and help you to keep your craft on!
- CraftStylish is here to cheer you on. Post your questions, advice, frustrations, discoveries and beautiful creations to CraftStylish. We have an amazing community of crafter’s and this challenge presents us all with the great opportunity of gathering our crafty forces, summoning our creative strengths, and building up our confidence as we dare to make it!
JUNKMARKET Style Submission Notes:
First, make sure to head over to CraftStylish and post your "Dare to Make it Holiday" thread. Link is here.
Then, come back over to JUNKMARKETStyle.com and post your project in THIS thread for all of us to see! Just scroll down to where it says "Did you make this?" and click "Post your project photos." That will compile all of your entries right here in this post. Simple!
After you make it, show it off to other members in the Member Junk area.
Post your project photos
posted in: blog, projects, seasonal