Junk Linens turned ApronsMarch 17th, 2010 in member junk
I decided to buy myself a sewing machine and teach myself how to sew. I've been sewing by hand since highschool and figured it was time to tackle the machine! The first apron was made from a pillowcase and some assorted linens. One of the linens had a small hole, so I sewed a crocheted flower over top of it. I also used a small torn piece of barkcloth, lace and torn embroidered edging. I cut a part of a valance up and used that for the tie on top of the apron. The second apron is a new tea towel found at a thrift store. I tore a piece of vintage pillowcase and made a pocket. The bottom has tea dyed ruffle and more torn embroidered edging. I used vintage sheer lace embroidered with pink for the tie part of the apron. I am not the best at sewing, but proud of myself for learning. I can't wait for the day that I become good enough so I can sell these cuties!
Pattern or design used: My own design - Rachel Knoblich
posted in: member junk, vintage, cottage, artwork, funky, country, whimsical, fun, house wear, kitchen, dining room, retro, fabric, chic