February 18th, 2010 in member junk     
artteachergirl artteachergirl, member
1 user recommends

Kitchen utensil...but what?
Kitchen utensil...but what?

Kitchen utensil...but what?

I realize this is not a junk creation or part of one...YET! But does anyone know what it is used for in the kitchen? I found this one in a basket with several more at my local Episcapol Church Thrift Store. No one knew it's use, but once I picked this one up, everyone else became interested and the rest are probably gone by now. It is ART to me, but curiousity is about to get the best of me. I decided to ask the "Junkers in the Know". A whisk, maybe?

posted in: member junk, eclectic, whimsical, kitchen, wire

Comments (11)

TroyRash writes: i thought it was a whisk .. but it is pretty cool .. i could see it as a 'dunker' to dunk the eggs into the dye at Easter time ..
Posted: 6:17 pm on February 21st
artteachergirl writes: I think SunnySouthJunker may just be right. I thought more along those lines too...something to hold the eggs in the dye for Easter eggs. Whatever it is I love the shape and lines of it and it will hang in my kitchen for a bit. Thanks all! Posted: 12:34 pm on February 20th
SunnySouthJunker writes: I thought it was to pick up eggs out of boiling water. Maybe for soft boiled eggs? Posted: 8:35 pm on February 19th
upyourattic writes: THis is definately an egg thing-y but in picture #2 it looks like a bee hive! I can just see you adding some wired bees - bzzzz.
Thanks for the post and keep them coming!

Patti Posted: 12:17 pm on February 19th
itsnotjunk2me writes: I thought you snuck into my house and took this picture! lol I have this egg separator hanging on a peg rack and love it's metal swirly shape. ~judi :) Posted: 1:24 am on February 19th
artteachergirl writes: Thanks for your help!! One of the little ladies at the thrift store also said an egg separator, and that brought on a big discussion on the yolk falling through. This was a hot topic there! There was one there that looked like this one, but it had two little clamp like parts to it. This one got me to wondering if they are Easter egg dyers. Just place the egg in and dip it in the coloring...hmmmmmm!
Thanks again! Posted: 6:54 pm on February 18th
ninnarae writes: I don't know what it is, but sure love its design! Posted: 6:39 pm on February 18th
RustyDiva writes: I see these and thought it was an egg separator also. It cradles the yolk while allowing the whites to drip through. Posted: 2:53 pm on February 18th
alicemom writes: I am pretty sure it is an egg separator. Love the shape!
smiles, alice Posted: 2:11 pm on February 18th
SnowmanHill writes: You are right, is can be used as a whisk, egg strainer/egg separator. They are fun, I can just see a little bird nest tucked in it. I am soooo ready for spring.

:-) Posted: 2:00 pm on February 18th
smiller0529 writes: Not sure what it is, but it is cool! Great find. Posted: 1:58 pm on February 18th
You must be logged in to post comments. Click here to login.